Therapy & Psychological techniques:
As a clinical psychologist I am trained to use a variety of therapy and psychological techniques.
- The main model I use is CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- I also use behavioural therapy and ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).
The psychological approaches used will depend on
- What the evidence/guidelines recommends for particular problems
- Feedback from the client about what techniques they find relevant and more useful so that you can get the most from each session
In my NHS post I provide specialist psychological input to an adult community mental health service for individuals with complex and enduring mental health problems, offering psychological assessment, therapy and consultation to clients.
I also offer consultation and tailored teaching/training to staff teams on a range of mental health issues, and supervise trainee clinical psychologists.
- Clinical psychologist: 2012 – present
- Trainee clinical psychologist: 2009 – 2012
- Assistant clinical psychologist / research psychologist posts: 2004 – 2009
- BSc (hons) psychology: 2000 – 2003
- DClinPsy (Doctor of clinical psychology)
- BSc (hons) psychology
- HCPC registered